Thursday 7 April 2011

About Me


Me.

My name is Elsa Ribal-Vigneau. As you can imagine from my name, I am French. I have been living in Sydney for over two years now. Back at home, I have studied in a International School where technology was one of the priorities. Every classroom was equipped with a Smart board, computer lessons were offered, and we had access to computers in most rooms. In my last years of high school, students in my class were already starting to bring laptops in class to take notes...
But now that I am studying how to intergrate Learning Technologies in our classroom, I see that all of that was NOTHING. Now you can use Podcasts to record your lessons, twitter to keep them up to date, or even Youtube videos to teach them how to do something...
and
so
much
more!

These recent changes in technology used in class can be seen as an incredible chance, however, too much technology in the classroom can be seen as a negative thing. That is the reason why I took this photo of myself. I think it represents well what people think about technology these day. Some teachers are just happy to have a computer to check their mails before starting the day, some teachers are happy to have a smart board and some kind of technology in their classroom, some of them are worried that it will take too much time or effort, and some, are excited about this INCREDIBLE amount of things we can do to enhance students' learning.

Right now, I am part of the happy ones, but it only a matter of time for me to change into the last category, the enthousiastics...

No comments:

Post a Comment